Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh, Christmas tree...fake Christmas tree

This year I went with a fake tree.  It is the first time we have not had a "Real Christmas Tree"..... The only thing we really all miss is the scent of fresh evergreen.....sigh...
But, I am going to be really happy when the time comes to take it down
Here in the desert 1/2 the tree needles end up on the floor.

To give it a little freshness. I bought a bunch of "babies breath" from the floral dept. at the grocery.
Cut little bunches and layered them all over the tree, a little indoor snow..

It smells nice and looks so pretty.

Doesn't Santa look happy?


Barbie looks content also.
In years past I have also done this with a real tree.As the flowers dry. It still looks great,
One year I even put roses on the tree with the babies breath. Big effect!!
It is also a great way to freshen up a tree before a party.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Pretty tree! This is our first year with a fake tree. I keep thinking that I have to water it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
    And you et an account on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete