Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Morning Orange Rolls

This Morning I had a craving for Orange Rolls. My Mom made the one's in a can when I was little.
I loved them. But, no cans here!!
So, this morning I decided to give my own version a try.. Don't they look yummy!!!

                 
   I used the recipe for the dough from this past post .
           But, instead of the cinnamon roll filling .
              
                          I used this filling:
                     
                          1/4 cup butter
                          1/2 cup light brown sugar
                          1/2 cup sugar
                          The zest from one orange and
                          1 t. orange juice
                          (squeezed from the zested orange)
                          1 t. cardamom

                      After baking I glazed with this frosting:
                       1 ½ cups powdered sugar
                       2 tablespoons Butter
                       2 tablespoons freshly squeezed 
                           orange juice (reserve from zested oranges)
                       Beat all ingredients .
                       Spread on warm rolls.
                 
These are so good they have to be a SIN. Mr. Moon asked me how many of these one could eat, before they went into a sugar coma? I said........maybe 2 , that would be safe.  He said " I am taking my chances with a third". He lived .
 And we all cheered.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh, the link for the dough recipe is not working....you tease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigoodness. I'm moving on QUICKLY so I don't linger, covet, and end up getting the recipe. I do not need the fat and calories from these! But they look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete