Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Snappy Sleepover Set...



Wow! I finally finished the girlies Sleepover quilts. I am so excited!! They have actually been finished for a while. But, getting the girls to go out in this hideous heat and take a few photos......well it  took a while. It has been hot in the hood people. 117 today. Ouch, can you feel the burn? Getting outside and getting wrapped up in a quilt. HAHAHAHAHA I am surprised I got any shots at all. 

 Quilt Bag Fronts.....



Quilt Bag Backs...........



Matching Personalized Pillows.........




How We Roll.......



Inside of the Bag.......



What Makes it Snappy.......


You have to squint and look really hard on this one...
I used KAM plastic snaps all around the bottom and sides to 
make "the bag". They are white also.  
The next shot is an extreme close-up. Sad and blurry it is.....
Can you see the snaps?


Girlies in the Bag.......



Girlies exiting fast....... Because it's HOT!!



Shameless Photos of Cuteness.......



A Few Last Thoughts......

This was a pretty easy project. I still have a couple issues to work out. I would like to come up with a better way to keep the roll together while traveling. And a bag to carry sleepover stuff in........ 
I think I made a good call on using plastic snaps. They are the greatest thing since quilting!!! They are fun to press on. Way more fun than a zipper!!!!! Fun to find different ways to snap a quilt on ya....You can even go "Snuggie" style just by 
unsnapping a few snaps and wearing it upside down. 


This is most excellent fun for the lil's.

I had so much fun making them. I am doing one more for the very envious 11 year old sister. 
She is requesting red and aqua ( love this child!!!). We ordered her fabric on Monday:)
My 28 year old son asked for one also. He also loved the idea of snapping up "snuggie" style and watching football. It would be fun to sew one up to represent his beloved Cowboys.....

Sooooooo....... Tutorial to come!!!
In the mean time here a a couple photos of this project's process .


Embroidery.........


Piecing front to back........


Using the same fabric as the binding to connect......


Quilted inside......


Quilted outside......


Some instagrams


quilts


snap press


ruffling 


Stay tuned......................


Pin It

3 comments: