Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Want to Wish Everyone a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!




Hello, to all you out there in Blogland.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
This year I am cooking for just my little family(ha ha not so little).So I am going to be pretty laid back.
I am making this Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe. I made this last year and the kiddo's went crazy for it. I use gingersnapsfor the crust. And no toppings. It is so simple and yummy on its own.
Don't get me wrong ..we still ate pie!!   But they are much more forgiving of the leftovers, When there is Cheesecake !!!

Also..A little tip for ya.. I Love the flavor of Marsala basted turkey. If any one out there likes Chicken Marsala you will LOVE this!! Just melt a stick of butter with 1 1/2 cup Marsala wine.(This is for a 20 lb. turkey) Pour 1/2 on turkey before you put it in the oven. Baste every hour with the rest. Finish basting a least an hour before your turkey is done to cook off the alcohol.
You can find Marsala wine in the wine section of any grocer.It's inexpensive and makes your turkey and gravy taste AMAZING!!! Just remeber to skim of the fat before you make the gravy.
Happy Cookin'
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! The turkey Marsala sounds divine. Luckily I have two turkeys, one for Thanksgiving and one for another dinner. I will definitely have to try this on the second one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete