Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ZigZag Quilt Top pieced.........check!!


I finally finished something!!!! Well, the top at least.It was one of those weird UFO's. Every time I would start piecing it. Another idea would pop into my head and to the bottom of the list it would go. Now that it's done (sorta) I love it. Wished I would have finished it earlier!!
I am a little scared to quilt this one. I do not have the foggiest idea what  pattern to quilt it with. Or for that matter binding. Ideas anyone???



I used the Zig Zag pattern from Anna Marie Horners website.I wanted to use her fabrics. But had to pull from the stash. I did cut the triangles slightly larger.
I used my stash of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and a Kona Cotton in black. It is a whopping 70"x 96" inches.
Another reason I am scared to quilt it. I think it would be a big fight with the sewing machine. She does not love to quilt anyway. 


This was also hard to get a good picture of. The colors REALLY pop in person .


This was the quilt waaaaay back when on the design wall.
I hope I get the whole thing fished someday. Sooner rather than later of course. 



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I love this! Nice job!

    I would quilt right down the center of each zigzag (following the zigzag pattern back and forth). If that isn't enough quilting you could then follow the edges of the zigzags and stitch in the ditch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a finish; and a beautiful one at that! I think it would look cool quilted following the zig zags. Just mho! As for the binding, I think something to pull that red out would be fun! I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it; I'm sure it will be spectacular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors! So rich! Can't wait to see what you choose for quilting!

    Happy Quilting!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys rock!! Thanks for the input.
    I think the zigzag quilting will work....now what color thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks fabulous. Someone else mentioned (and you agreed) the same thing that I was thinking; follow the zigzag pattern for the quilting lines. A very nice variegated thread of blues, blacks, etc. might be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful colors! I would use black thread for the quilting because you have a touch of that color in the blend and it would show up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are beautiful! I would use black thread for the quilting because you have a touch of it in the blend of colors and it will show up on most of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This for the post on March 16!

    Go to Settings then Comments

    In this box enter your email.

    Comment Notification Email

    All your comments will be emailed to your email of choice there. Threw me for a loop too! Now you can answer them all.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that! What an amazing quilt! And I know what you meant about pictures not quite doing the acutal project justice. I can just imagine how fabulous it is in person is it looks that amazing in a picture! My suggestion for binding is a fabulous coordinating purple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finish! What great colors!

    Go on over to my blog to grab your Beautiful Blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your finish! Love the colors.

    Go on over to my blog http://susan-aworkinprogress.blogspot.com/ to claim your Beautiful Blogger award!

    ReplyDelete