Monday, June 14, 2010

Come on...I know you want some.

It was the Big Man's Birthday Sunday. 
I made his favorite cheesecake.
I like a little extra crust, can you tell.

I also made a cherry sauce for the top.
I made this with dark sweet cherries and Kirsch ( cherry brandy ).
I am pretty sure when it was simmering, 
a little piece of Heaven fell from the sky....
and right into this sauce. 
Perfect Pair.
Yummy!!!!

If your needing you own.
I did not use the sour cream topping.
I did ad a 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the eggs.
Tip. Fill a roasting pan with boiling water. Placing it on the bottom rack under the cheese cake.
This will keep your oven moist so your 
cheesecake won't crack.

The cherry sauce was made with:
4 cups of dark cherries
1 c. sugar (less if your cherries are sweet)
2 cups water
1/2 cup Kirsch

Stir every thing together in a sauce pan. Bring to boil.
Simmer for 10 min. Ad 2 T. corn starch mixed with a little water.
Cook until thick.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It HAS been awhile; good to "see" you back! And the cheesecake looks sinfully delicious, btw...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!THAT looks SO GOOD!!! I'm so glad you included the cheesecake recipe! I've never made one and plain ol' cheesecake is my absolute favorite! Wow...my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete