Friday, July 9, 2010

Great Idea !!

For any of you who have a dolly/or softie they can't live without. This is the greatest idea. Brought to you by the amazing.....                                 .Lil Blue Boo?

When I saw this I remembered a trip we took.( Gotta minute for a story?)It was to  Osh Kosh, Wisconsin. When I say we, I mean My Hubby, His Business partner , my Brother in law, myself and 3 kiddos . It was July and  my Hubby wanted to take his family on this business trip.  I think the guys would have rather gone alone...more beer, less crying.   But away we went.
We arrived at the Milwakee Airport after 2 plane changes and several hours of flying. The kiddos were in pretty good spirits. After gathering the luggage, 2 carseats and porta crib ect. We headed off to the van that had been sent to take us to our rental cars . It took us about 45 min. to get to the dealership to pick up the cars. We loaded the cars and finally took of for Osh Kosh YEA!!. After about  30 min. or so into the drive my 4 year old son woke up and said, "where's Virgil ?" His stuffed pig. He had had it since he was born and NEVER went anywhere without it. I asked the caravan to pull over so I could look for it.
It was no where to be found.
We asked ourselves all the questions like, Did he have it when he got off the plane? Did he have it in the van?
Can we find a replacement??? I think it dawned on all of us.........we had to go back. Back to each of the places we had been. Calling everyone we could think of , saying ,Have you seen a pink stuffed pig.? If you find will you call. Nothing. My dear patient husband drove all the way back to the airport. Left us in the car.
and headed to the information counter. He thought he would ask them to make an announcement or something. As he walked up to the counter, much to his surpise , there sat Virgil. On the counter looking at him and giggling I am sure. Some one had found him and turned him in. The lady at the info desk thought he was cute and sat him on the counter. When My husband walked toward the car, with  pig in hand, he was a hero to our son. It made the 3 hour delay well worth it. And Virgil ,who is now 17 years old, still holds a special place in our hearts. He is showing his age. But so am I.

Would of been nice if he would have had a cool tag!!! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story! I'm glad you shared it -- it gave me an extra smile. :)

    ReplyDelete