Friday, September 28, 2012

Tweet Tweet..........

                           
                 I am sewing birds. And I can't stop.........
But come on!!! Are they not the cutest?!!!

It all started when I joined a pincushion swap over at Threadbias
 I went on the google machine looking for inspiration........
and there it was. 
It is pretty easy to make. So ....Why make just one???
I will confess my hand sewing is for the birds 
(pardon the pun). I try ........ 

I started with a basket of scraps. And the pattern.


Trying to match up fabrics for cute lil' birds.
Then I sewed them up on the machine.
Stuffed them and pinned wings and tail in place.


Then hand sew to finish........


One lil' girlie bird done.....
many to go:)



Have a fun weekend " Peeps" !!!!


Update!

I have gone mad..... I have made 11 of these. For no good reason really!!!

Maybe Christmas ornaments?

My cat Merlin likes them. Maybe a cat toy :)

More pics!!













Pin It

14 comments:

  1. How cute are these?!? What fun -- and a fun collection of fabrics/colors, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue and orange one especially! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You RobbieJoy ! She is kinda my favorite too...... The scrap of fabric I used was at the bottom of the bin. I wish I new what it was.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Those are the cutest! I love all of the fun fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LimeRiot! It has been sooooooooo much fun playing with my scraps :)

      Delete
  4. they are very cute..love the colour matching...yes all those uses would be fun..but what about a string of bunting hug up in a room somewhere...??? i would love that XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nettie......That is genius !!!!! My sewing room window needs that bunting!!!!!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister also used to make these handmade fabrics when we were playing together at good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colour separation with each other. I want buy like this one for my daughter.She’ll like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.sharonhollanddesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/birdie-pincushion-project1.pdf

    this is the bird cushion pattern!!

    ReplyDelete