Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.....


I love fall !! One of my favorite things about fall is the  Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.
My girls LOVE them too. I have to hide my cup. I don't think they need to be coffee drinkers just yet.......
I came up with a couple fun Pumpkin Spice recipes. Then they can get the pumpkin spice love too........

 I'll share my Favorite today. 


These are my all time... most favorite.. pancakes EVER!!!!!
To make them even better..... Try my Family Favorite syrup!

Pancake recipe modified from Allrecipes.com


 INGREDIENTS:

 Wet…..

1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Dry……
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon salt
 
I had a little helper in the kitchen for these, Bridgitt.

Mix eggs and pumpkin together well. Add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix very well.



Measure dry ingredients into a separate bowl .

Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until blended but do not over mix. They will lose their fluff.

Cook on the griddle. They come out darker than regular pancakes. That is okay. They taste AMAZING!!

Enjoy with butter and Family's Favorite syrup.


I have found a lot of shortcuts through the years of cooking for this big family. When you are trying to get everyone fed in a hurry, every minute counts!
On pancake days, I find it easier to melt the butter into the syrup, rather than spread butter on each pancake. 
Which comes to this recipe. I have added some little extras over the years to make this syrup the.....

 Family's Favorite Syrup

1 cup pancake syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat ingredients in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high.
Stir well to blend. Pour on pancakes.
YUMMY!!!!

I hope you enjoy these pancakes. 
If you don't feel the "Fall Spirit" yet. 
You will after these babies!










Skip To My Lou Pin It

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I had my first taste of pumpkin this season last night -- my sister made a pumpkin pie!! Good stuff. Love pumpkin foods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned these, they sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete