Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Long weekend......In instagrams

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy and lasted through Monday. 

I tried to relax, and shake off a cold that has been going around the house. 
But, no matter how hard a tried.....It got me. 
Because we collectively have been feeling bit funky...........Some comfort food was in order.
I made our favorite chicken breasts,.
This is the easiest dinner. It is so very tasty.


And Yes, That is Bacon!!!

You don't need a lot to make this. 
Chicken Breasts
Bacon
Rosemary
Olive oil
salt&pepper.

Pound out your chicken a little. Just enough so that all the breasts are the same thickness.
Toss them in some olive oil salt and pepper and a few sprigs of rosemary. Let sit for a few minutes to marinate.
Place your chicken is a very hot fry pan. Medium high flame hot.....searing hot!!!
Turn when the side are white, opaque and the bottoms are golden brown. Do the same on the other side. This should only take a couple minutes on each side. If your pan is searing hot.

(at this point I pour myself a glass of wine. Torrontés is a perfect pairing! )


Place that pretty chicken on a baking sheet. lay a piece of bacon on each breast. Put baking sheet in a 425 degree oven.  Bake until the bacon is slightly crispy and the chick is done. About 15 minutes.

I made a sourdough dressing and some potatoes to go with. Delish!!!



Served.

Next on the weekend agenda.........My Beautiful daughter Brene's 14th Birthday. I can't believe how time flies.
Each one of my girls are true individuals. But, My Brene' is wonderfully unique. She is artsy and quiet. You can't help but smile when she walks in a room. She is funny and quirky. Has friends that mean a great deal to her. She has a true heart with no drama. I love this kid!!!!!!




Her Birthday pancakes for breakfast.


Brontë made tissue flowers and hung them for her little sis.



        I sewed her up these sweet nighties.



Added some lovely details to these cuties.
Found tutorial for these at Sew,Mama,Sew!


Her Birthday Sandwich....Her request.



 Finished it off with a oreo cake baked by Brooke.
It was such a sweet day for my sweet girl.


I got a little sewing of my own done.


On Monday......12 finished blocks. Yippeeeeeee!!!

I hope you liked the weekend journaled in instagrams.
Please follow me here.
Or  @myblueberrymoon

I promise I will follow you back :)
Have a great week peeps!!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment