Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sugar Cookie Heaven.........





I had not intended to post about these cookies. But they turned out........ just that good.

My sweet girl BrieElly wanted to learn to bake cookies.
So, I found my old recipe for soft sugar cookies and away we went. 
I shot a few instagrams to remember the day. 
I believe this girl has the magic. Because they turned out amazing!!!! Just perfect. It had been years since I made this recipe.....I had forgotten just how good there are.
Brie said, "I bet this is how cookies taste in Heaven." I believe she is correct.
They are crisp on the outside and super chewy in the middle.
And they are pretty.
Pretty heavenly !!!

I have a couple secret ingredients that make them extra wonderful........Lemon and lemon.



Ingredients


  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 Tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 or 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon zest
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.
  • Sugar sprinkles for the tops.

How to Make


Preheat oven to 375 
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. 
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Add the sour cream,lemon juice and zest. Give it a good mix.
Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. They puff up like mad. So leave lots of room. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Sprinkle with pretty sugar sprinkles.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly golden Let sit for a minute .... then lift onto a cooling rack.
Cool then store in a air tight container.
If you want to keep them crisp and chewy. Store in a tin.

Tips.......

These tips are things I have taught the girls to make sure their cookies always come out fabulous.
Use your whipping attachment for your mixer to cream sugar, butter and eggs. Switch to paddle for dry ingredients.
Always make sure butter is at room temp. before using.
Good quality vanilla is worth every penny.
Cooling racks are a girls best friend.
Always try to make cookies all the same size for even baking.
And last but not least......... Boys don't like bimbos. 
They like strong good girls........So be smart, confident and bake them cookies.

Print Friendly and PDF





Linked here.......

Whipperberry


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am gong to make these this weekend. they look yummy. Love the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm!!! Looks yummy!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I would like to invite you to enter my HomeGoods 50 dollar gift card giveaway. The card can be used at TJ Maxx and Marshalls as well.

    Please visit my site to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out fantastic! The recipe was so easy to whip up for after school snacks. Thanks a lot for sharing. Also, I like your tip about using the whipping attachment for creaming the sugar and butter. I let my machine go for a good three minutes and the mixture was as light as air. This makes a big difference in the final cookie, I think. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete